CLOSED FOR 2018
Just for Couples:
July 2018 Kicks Off our 1st Annual Backcountry Wine Tasting, History and Hot Springs Rendezvous!
You’ll venture 27 miles on the Salmon River
aboard our jet boats to the shores of Mackay Bar Ranch.
Now, The Real Fun Begins!
You’ll spend a luscious weekend sipping wines from Sawtooth Winery, soaking your bones in Barth Hotsprings and rejuvenating your sense of adventure and perspective. The beautiful sights and sounds will lull you into ZEN moments as you become immersed deep in the heart of Idaho’s Frank Church Wilderness.
- Mackay Bar Ranch has 3 private cabins and 4 private rooms (all with private bathrooms) available. First to sign up will get to choose cabin ($1695) or room ($1595).
- Price includes: (1) Jetboat transport to/from Ranch, (2) jet boat tour on July 7th (to Barth Hotsprings). Your jet boat tour will cover over 110 roundtrip river miles.
- Price also covers these amenities during your stay: 2 dinners with appetizers, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, private couples lodging, private wine sommelier to help with wine pairing and tasting throughout the weekend, your choice of wines and beer throughout the weekend, hiking, fishing (we supply poles and bait), yard games, beach relaxation time.
How does dinner with appetizers and a private wine sommelier sound?
Our sommelier will help with wine pairing and tasting, as well as your choice of wines to lavish your tastebuds!
WHEN? July 6 to July 8, 2018
- Room for 7 couples (14 guests total).
- $1595 – $1695 per couple (all inclusive).
- All wine and beer included in price.
- We have 3 private cabins and 4 private rooms (all with private bathrooms) available.
- Jetboat transport to/from Ranch
- Jet boat tour on 7th (to Barth Hotsprings), boat tour will cover over 110 roundtrip river miles.
- 2 dinners with appetizers, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch
- Private couples lodging
- Private wine sommelier to help with wine pairing and tasting throughout the weekend
- Your choice of wines and beers throughout the weekend
- Hiking & fishing (we supply poles and bait), yard games, horseback riding and beach relaxation time.
· Day 1 (7/6/2018): Pickup at 2pm (MST) at Vinegar Creek Boat Ramp (26 miles/1 hour from Riggins Idaho). On our way to the ranch (26 mile jet boat ride) we will stop at Polly Bemis Ranch to explore. Once we arrive at Mackay Bar Ranch, we will whisk you to your private room or cabin for you to unload luggage, etc. This afternoon will be relaxation in the hammock, on the beach, private hike up the South Fork if you wish. 5:30 pm will be appetizers and wine tasting with your private sommelier from your local Idaho winery – Sawtooth Winery. 7pm will be dinner, paired with your favorite local wines from Sawtooth Winery.
· Day 2 (7/7/2018): Your own private wilderness hike if you choose prior to an 8 AM breakfast and coffee. After Breakfast (around 9:30), we will load up in the twin engine jet boat and venture upriver, another 29 miles, seeing many historical sites along the way: Buckskin Bills Musuem, Reho Wolfes Homestead, and Cambells Ferry. We will eat lunch (paired with more wine) on the beach. We will continue upriver arriving at the remote and magical Barth Hotsprings. Barth Hotsprings is a natural wonder – with crystal clear 100 degree waters pouring off a shear rock face into a rock infinity pool overlooking the wild and scenic Salmon River. After soaking in the tub and swimming in the magnificent Salmon River waters, we will boat back down river to the ranch where appetizers and Dinner will be waiting for you (again, paired with more of your favorite wines)!
· Day 3 (7/8/2017): 7:30 Am horseback ride up the South Fork of the Salmon for those that choose to partake. 9am breakfast . We will depart the Ranch for the final jet boat ride (around 10:30 a.m.) arriving back to Vinegar Creek around noon MST.
Must book as couples.
Taxes and gratuities for guide and staff are not included (recommend 10-20%).
All wine and beer provided however: bring your own hard alcohol as well as mixers. (ice is provided at the ranch).
50% Nonrefundable deposit is required to book. 50% balance due is required by 5/15/2018.
If cancellation occurs, payments will be refunded ONLY if we can fill your spot (less 10% cancellation fee).
First come first serve for rooms or cabin choice.
Here’s an offshoot idea to mull over ….
What if you, and 6 of your buddies (or girlfriends) grab your significant other and get to Mackay Bar Ranch next summer, together! What times they would be! Ahhhh! Its fun times like that, that treasured memories are made of.
So, for those of you with a group of pals with good jobs that you work hard at but need a refreshing break now and then, you hunger for fun weekend trips like this one…..
Talk to the friends and call. But don’t delay. This backcountry soiree is limited to 7 couples only.
We will add additional dates for couples weekends in 2019. Let us know if you would like to be placed on our “Just For Couples” Event Alerts!
[gravityform id=”9″ title=”true” description=”false”]
Mackay Bar Ranch is a remote backcountry venue and outfitting company offering delicious home cooked meals, stylishly rustic and comfortable accommodations, and lots of fun activities to offer. We cater to GROUPS and throughout the seasons, host wedding groups, family reunion groups, corporate good will groups, special event groups, hunting groups and other group types.
By creating this couples getaway weekend, we’re segueing into a way that we can accommodate couples throughout the years ahead, as we do receive a high number of inquiries from two-somes.