Mackay Bar Outfitters offers exceptional adventures for those who love an adrenaline infused Salmon River steelhead fishing and lodging getaway!
All fishing trips are hosted out of our beautiful river front Mackay Bar Ranch. No long hike needed to get to your rooms or the main lodge! The historic Mackay Bar Ranch has been around since the 1950’s, operating as one of the oldest outfitting businesses in Idaho!
We offer more than just warm meals, cozy accommodations, friendly guides, and breathtaking views. We have the staff and facilities to fish groups up to 23 people. Our boats are licensed and certified by the United States Coast Guard.
Whats included in our package price:
- Jet boat transportation from Vinegar Creek Boat Ramp (out of Riggins, ID) to Mackay Bar Ranch (26 miles). We will pickup your group at noon on day 1. We will drop your group back off at noon on your last day in your own private boat.
- All lodging and meals (there may be another group at the lodge, depending on your group size)
- Boat and guide for fishing (each group will have their OWN boat – we do not combine groups on the same boat)
- All fishing gear and bait
- Accommodations that include 3 cabins, 4 private rooms, 2 deluxe wall tents, and a two bedroom river suite – enough lodging accommodations to host 23-29 depending on group makeup. You will not share lodging accomodations with any other groups – you will have your own rooms and/or cabins!
Two Seasons for Salmon River Steelhead Fishing
Early Spring Steelhead Fishing Season starts as soon as the rivers thaw in the middle of February and run through the end of March. The wildlife are right on the river while all the mountain peaks are buried in winter snow – not to mention the high density of steelhead that are pooled up waiting for the water to warm so they can start their spring run.
Fall Steelhead Fishing Season starts middle of October. We then fish hard right up until the end of November. The early season fall run will be the fairest weather fishing we have to offer. With the water still warm and the fish full of energy, the steelhead put up a great fight!