All trips other than the ones listed below: we require a 50% (per person) non-refundable deposit to reserve your dates with us. Balances are due 14 days prior to trip date.
Weddings: we require a 25% nonrefundable deposit to reserve your dates with us. Balances are due 30 days prior to the wedding date.
Bear/Cat/Wolf/Sheep Hunts: we require a 50% (per person) non-refundable deposit to reserve your dates with us. Balances are due 30 days prior to hunt date.
Elk hunts: we require 25% down and another 25% deposit (per person) on January 1st of your hunt year. Balances are due 30 days prior to hunt date.
Because of the extensive amount of scheduling involved with planning a remote wilderness stay, we must strictly adhere to our cancellation policy. Please understand that once you book a stay with Mackay Bar Outfitters & Guest Ranch, we lose the opportunity to book your reserved space to another individual. We strongly recommend trip insurance.
If you have to cancel, deposits are not transferable to another date. If you cancel within the same time frame as to when your balance due (final) payment has been paid, that payment will be forfeited as well. If you find another individual to take your spot, we can apply your non-refundable deposit (and final amount due payment – if already paid) toward that guest.
Mackay Bar Outfitters & Guest Ranch has the right to cancel your trip, at our discretion due to adverse river conditions. If this happens, your deposit and all payments applied will be refunded.
Additional costs include:
- Staff and guide gratuities.
- 6% Idaho sales tax, 2% Idaho lodging tax, and a $4/pp, per day river rec fee (if applicable).
- Alcohol and special drinks (small selection of wines is available to purchase at Mackay Bar Ranch or you can bring special drinks in with you).
- 3% credit card fee (if paying by credit card).
- Idaho Fish & Game hunting and fishing license/tags (if applicable).
- WiFi is not available for guests. If your group would like to have WiFi available to them, please arrange with us in advance at an additional cost.
- For hunters, meat and taxidermy processing is in addition to our rates.