The items listed below should be added to the base price:
- Staff gratuities (on average 10-20%) of the “lodging” portion of the bill.
- Alcohol and sodas (not provided by the Ranch).
- Table centerpiece flowers and bridal party bouquets (optional). Typically, our brides have bouquets made in advance and bring in extra loose flowers (their wedding party/family enjoy helping to prepare the table settings once here.)
- Photographer and or videographer (optional)
- Band or DJ (optional). The Ranch does provide a PA system for music if you chose not to have a band and opt to bring in playlists on your device.
- Shuttle services from McCall or Riggins ID to transport guests to the boat ramp (optional). Most have their guests bring their own vehicles, rentals or carpool to the boat launch. Vehicles are safe here.
- Additional round trips/pickups with the jet boat to transport guests (or supplies) arriving or departing at different times from the scheduled jet boat trips included in the wedding package price. This would range from $300-$575 one way depending on load size. Tyically, most weddings will have 1 additional (one way) trips to get flowers and alcohol into the ranch prior to the event.
- Idaho Fishing License, if your guests choose to fish.
- State sales and lodging tax. (included on bill)
- Tax: $4 per person/per day for a federal river use fee. (included on bill)
- Cash for gifts/souvenirs from our Mackay Bar Gift Shop (optional).
- Officiant – Typically, bride and groom are married by one of their guests who are ordained (Ordination can be obtained online at no cost).
You can bring all of your own alcohol to the Ranch. There is no corkage fee. Depending on quantities, we may have to boat the booze/drinks up prior to the event. Additional round trips/pickups with the jet boat to transport guests, gear, drinks, flowers, etc arriving or departing at different times from the scheduled jet boat trips is not included in the wedding package price. This would range from $300-$575 one way, depending on load size. Most weddings have only one additional (one way) boat trip to get all alcohol up to the ranch.
Yes, you can hire your own vendors.
Mackay Bar Ranch does provide a list of vendors we have worked with in the past. Once you book with us, let us know if you would like to use one of our recommended vendors.
Depending on weather conditions and time of the year, a beach bonfire can be an option! Due to fire restrictions, bonfires are typically not offered from mid July through September.
Mackay Bar Ranch is alive with a natural beauty created by the scenic hillside terrain, the manicured lawn, and colorful flower beds. We would encourage you to bring your own bouquets for the wedding however, the natural landscape may be all you need. Typically, our brides will chose to have bridal arrangements created by a local florist (LeAnn’s Flower Shop & Garden Center in Grangeville ID or South Fork Flowers from the Hettinger Ranch) and can be picked up/brought in by us the day prior to guests arriving. If you would like to purchase additional loose flowers from the florist, Mackay Bar Ranch does provide vases, so table arrangements can be assembled at the Ranch.
Two boats will be available to pick up your guests at Vinegar Creek Boat Ramp (26 miles East of Riggins, ID). It will take your guests 1 hour to travel the 1/2 paved, 1/2 dirtroad from Riggins to Vinegar Creek Boat Ramp. We can direct you to local shuttle services to transport your guests from McCall or Riggins, ID if you would prefer them to travel in a group vs. traveling in their own vehicles. (Or a combination of both!). There is plenty of safe parking for your guests to leave their own (or rental cars) at Vinegar Creek Boat Ramp.
This scheduling of the boats will be arranged during the planning process. Both boats will begin to pick up guests any time after 12pm Mountain time.
We recommend your guests stop in Riggins, ID for a quick sandwich or snacks, as well as fishing license (if they would like one)!
It will take 1 hour on the boats to get from Vinegar Creek (once the boats are loaded) to the Ranch!
There is no internet available to guests, so unplug and relax!
Mackay Bar Ranch does have a wifi phone that can be used (minimally) if needed.
We HIGHLY encourage your guests to pack as light as possible for the safety of all passengers on the boats.
Please limit all guests bags to 1 each.
To learn more about the location of the Ranch and Vinegar Creek, please refer to https://mackaybarranch.com/location/
Most guests come from Boise, ID via vehicle or a shuttle van to Vinegar Creek Boat Ramp. Vinegar Creek Boat Ramp is located 26 miles East of Riggins ID.
The journey from Riggins (at Hwy 95) to Vinegar Creek, takes 1 hour along the scenic Salmon River Road!
Mackay Bar encourages our guests to pre-plan.
Life flight can be purchased (we do have landing strip right at the Ranch that can be used for emergencies).
Trip Insurance is also highly recommended.
Once at the ranch, your guests friends/family can email or call the ranch phone to get in touch with a guest.
Please visit our Meals page for your menu options. All meals are prepared by the Mackay Bar Ranch private staff, using seasonal ingredients. Mackay Bar Ranch will work closely with you to ensure the Wedding menu items will be sufficient for the number of nights you are at the Ranch, as well as, the number of guests in your party! Please note that the meals will be served “buffet” style for your guests to enjoy.
Please refer to our sample wedding weekend itinerary .
All activities below are included in the wedding package price. Depending on the time of year, guests can enjoy:
- Fishing (spin fishing equipment and bait is supplied by the ranch). Idaho Fishing License must be purchased by your guests prior to arriving at the Ranch.
- Horseback riding
- Volleyball court
- Yard games
- Relaxing beach time (at the Ranch or guests can be brought up/down River by jetboat to other beaches)
- Historical jetboat tours up/down river
- Shooting (guests need to bring their own ammo)
- 4 “Rooms” that sleep 2 each (each with a private bathroom)
- 3 “Cabins” that sleep 2-5 each (each with a private bathroom)
- 1 “River Suite” that will is newly remodeled in 2019. Sleeps 4-5 (with a private bathroom and kitchenette, bar and living room)
- 2 Deluxe wall tents that sleeps 2 each (1 queen bed in each) but additional camp cots can be added to them to sleep 2 more in each. (outhouse, 2 indoor guest bathrooms and 2 outdoor showers available in/near the lodge area)
- Tent camping for additional guests (guests must bring tents)
We would recommend guests fly into one of the 3 larger airports in one of the following locations.
- Boise, ID – Approx 210 miles South via US 95 to Vinegar Creek.
- Lewiston, ID – Approx 140 miles North via US 95 to Vinegar Creek. (Lewiston Airport is a smaller regional airport served by Delta).
- Spokane, WA – Approx 245 miles North via US 95 to Vinegar Creek.
We strongly encourage your guests to bring the following for the jetboat trip:
Life jackets for toddlers (Child and adult life jackets are provided.)
Bottled water or other beverages, and snacks for the trip!
- Running, drinkable water.
- Continuous power (power is supplied by generator or hydro so it can be limited at times).
- Flushing toilets and private bathrooms in all Rooms and Cabins as well as the Lodge.
- Soaps, shampoos, towels, lotion, conditioner, sheets and bedding.
- Tent campers would need to bring tents, cots (if desired), sleeping bags, towels and soaps. Two outdoor private showers and two lodge bathrooms are provided for tent campers. We also have an outhouse in the same vicinity as the tent camping area.
You can choose between the beach, yard (several areas), as well as the boat to say your “I dos”. This can be decided prior to, or once you arrive at the Ranch.
Mackay Bar Ranch believes part of the “backcountry adventure” is diving into the essence of “when in Rome …”
Part of this experience is our primitive dinners and meals. We unfortunately do not cater to dietary concerns, but do offer plenty of food portions (hors d’oeuvres, salad, homemade breads, meats, fresh greens, and dessert). Your guests will not go hungry!
If there is a severe medical dietary concern, please let us know in advance, we will adjust our menu accordingly to address the issue.
Mackay Bar Ranch does provide a small, simple wedding cake (provided by a local wedding cake artist).
Your guests will enjoy cupcakes OR cake balls. Or, you may choose handmade seasonal pies that can be substituted for an additional cost.